Creamy mushroom sauce is will greatly improve you pasta dish on any occasion. The creamy mushroom pasta sauce is suitable to accompany more or less any type of pasta. However, it can also be served with many other side-dishes, even with potatoes or rice.
Ingredients for 4 or 5 portions:
- Mushrooms of your preference – at least enough to fill half a liter cup
- Sunflower or olive oil
- Red pepper, grounded pepper, coriander, salt
- 3 or 4 pieces of pepper, 1 o 2 pieces of allspice, bay leaf
- Flour, milk, cream, vinegar
How to prepare creamy mushroom pasta sauce:
1) Dip the mushrooms into water for at least an hour. Skip this step, if you use fresh mushrooms. Only dried mushrooms need to be left in water prior to cooking.
2) After the dried mushrooms have soaked for at least an hour, turn on the cooker and put your pot onto it. Put some oil into the pot – enough to cover the bottom with a thin layer. Add about half teaspoon of grounded pepper, full teaspoon of red pepper and a bit of coriander. Mix it all together and quickly add some flour – 2 or 3 spoons should be enough. Let the mix foam for a while, but be very careful not to burn it. Then flush it with at least a liter of cold water and add some more water – total of some 3 liters should be enough.
3) Rinse the mushrooms thoroughly and add them into the pot. Also add some salt, bay leaf, pepper and allspice. All that is required of you now is to let the water boil for as long as it takes to cook to mushrooms.
4) If you think that mushrooms are already cooked, it is time to make your sauce denser. Prepare a bigger cup and fill it with flour. Add some milk and mix it with the flour. The mix should be dense, but still fluid. The amount of the mix needed will greatly depend upon the amount of water. Anyway, be careful not to use too much as that could turn your sauce into concrete! So, slowly add the milk\flour mix into the pot while mixing the sauce. Stop as soon as you think the sauce is dense enough – it should not be very dense though. Boil the sauce for couple more minutes – at least 5 minutes.
5) Add the cream as soon as the sauce stops boiling. About 125militers should be enough, but you can use more or even less depending on your taste. Let the creamy mushroom pasta sauce cool down a little now. Then add about 1 teaspoon of vinegar. You can add more, but I do not recommend it.
6) Enjoy your creamy mushroom sauce with any type of pasta or some other side-dish.
Incoming search terms:
- creamy mushroom pasta recipe (1)
- creamy tuna pasta with mushrooms (1)