Salty cheese buns make up for a delicious and convenient snack. These cheese buns are a great alternative or addition to salty cheese pretzels. Whether you plan on throwing a fancy party, organize a family reunion or simply want to offer a new snack to your loved ones salty cheese buns deserve your consideration. They are rather easy to make. Salty cheese buns are relatively cheap too.
For dough you will need:
- 400ml/13.53oz milk
- 100ml/3.38oz vegetal oil
- 40g/1.41oz yeast
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 600g/1lb 5.16oz flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
For cheese crème/filling you will need:
- 150g/5.29oz shortening or butter
- 2 yolks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-6 cloves of garlic
- 300g/10.58oz hard cheese (possibly Gouda or Edam cheese)
You will also need 1 whole egg to spread onto the buns before you put them into the oven.
Method of making salty cheese buns:
1) Prepare the yeast and make the dough. Then let the yeast do its thing.
2) In the meantime, prepare the crème/filling. The cheese needs to be grated before you mix it in with other ingredients. Also, you will have to mash the garlic.
3) Cut the dough into 4 pieces of approximately the same size and then roll each piece out so that it is thin, spread the crème/filling onto it and make a roll.
4) After you repeat the same thing with each piece, beat the egg and spread it all over the rolls. Sprinkle the sesame seeds onto the cheese bun rolls and then cut these rolls into triangles.
5) Cover your pan with parchment paper and put the salty cheese buns into the oven that you have previously heated up to 190 degrees Celsius. Let your delicious cheese buns bake until they get a golden color and you are sure they are not raw anymore.
To conclude, load of delicious salty cheese buns should be ready for your party by now. You might want to make more than just one load though. These cheese buns are always a big hit and tend to disappear into thin air in just few moments. They taste great with all kinds of drinks, including wine. However, they are very enjoyable as a stand-alone snack as well. Anyway, please to not skip the photos below. They document the process of making these delicious, sesame covered cheese buns.
Incoming search terms:
- cheese buns recipe (11)
- recipes for salty cheese (2)