Curly cabbage soup is very healthy meal that can be quite cheap as well. This is especially true if you grow your own curly cabbage or buy a fresh local produce at farmer’s market. Curly cabbage soup is also very easy to make.
For 6 portions of the soup you will need:
- Half medium sized curly cabbage
- 2-3 medium sized carrots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bigger potato
- Sunflower or olive oil
- Caraway seeds, ground black pepper
- Ground coriander, salt, red pepper
- Spoonful of semolina, marjoram
How to make curly cabbage soup:
1) Put a thin layer of oil into the pot and foam up the garlic that you have cut to tiny pieces then add a snippet of caraway seeds, ground black pepper, coriander and grated carrots. Let the mix roast for about 3 minutes.
2) Add the little (about 1cmX1xm) potato cubes, snippet of red pepper, spoonful of semolina – the bigger spoon you use for eating soup, not teaspoon and let the mix roast for another 2-3 minutes before you fill the pot with cold water. Mix the soup thoroughly and let it boil.
3) After the water starts boiling, it is time to salt the soup and add curly cabbage cut to small pieces. Let the soup boil until the curly cabbage gets soft. When the soup is finished – but still hot add a snippet of marjoram.
Enjoy your healthy curly cabbage soup! This soup is great as a lunch or supper, especially when you are trying to lose some extra weight. Though, its delicious flavor will ensure your loved ones will love it anytime even without considering the health benefits of this curly cabbage soup.
Incoming search terms:
- curly cabbage soup recipe (1)